I worked to re-create this eggnog recipe for several weeks (it was a tough gig!).
Back story: I remember when I was 13 or so, I made fresh eggnog for the first time. I fell in love with it. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that recipe actually was, but this (minus the booze!) is the taste that I remember – or close to it. I know didn’t have cloves or cardamom, but I think they add some nice warmth to the recipe. This recipe is the best I’ve ever had!!! Or made!!
- I used the store bought to make the Henriettibles Peppermint Eggnog Martini, and while store bought eggnog is passable for the martini, it’s only available seasonably. THIS eggnog, you can make any time you have a “Hank”ering – for eggnog or a tasty martini!
A couple notes:
- You can reduce the amount of bourbon and/or rum to taste.
- RAW EGG WARNING!!!!! If you don’t get pasteurized eggs, be sure to properly test the eggs before using to avoid salmonella poisoning.
- The FDA suggests avoiding contact between the egg white/yolk and the exterior shell.
- If your immune system is compromised, you should avoid consuming foods that contain raw eggs.